Hiring Organization / Company: Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Alcatraz Warehouse Supervisor
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is the nonprofit partner of the National Park Service overseeing the Golden Gate National Recreation Area — 84,000 acres of national parkland spanning the San Francisco Bay Area, including Muir Woods, Ocean Beach, Crissy Field, and Alcatraz Island. The Parks Conservancy is a membership organization created to preserve the Golden Gate National Parks, enhance the experiences of park visitors, and build a community dedicated to conserving the parks for the future.
With our local and federal partners, the Parks Conservancy is committed to the work of supporting Bay Area national parks as places where we can further racial and social justice for our community and climate resilience for these protected lands.
The Warehouse Supervisor (WS) is responsible for the movement and organization of incoming merchandise to and from Alcatraz warehouse and daily deliveries of stock to the store. The WS directs and oversees warehouse staff and tasks. The WS ensures accurate checking in and quality control of incoming merchandise and communication of information to supervisor. The WS is the liaison with retail stores receiving inventory requests and delivering merchandise on a daily basis. The WS is the retail lead for barge deliveries. The Warehouse Supervisor will ensure that the warehouse is a safe working environment and that it is organized in an efficient and effective manner.
The Warehouse Supervisor is required to work a varied and flexible schedule which includes weekends and may include holidays. The Warehouse Supervisor is expected to wear a uniform and to adhere to uniform standards. This position requires physical labor and lifting; therefore, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for considering physical safety while engaging in strenuous activity.
Reports To: Alcatraz Inventory Manager
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Sales, Inventory, Operations
- Oversees warehouse operations and inventory movement.
- Ensures warehouse operations meet Conservancy standards
- Contributes warehouse information for strategic plans and reviews.
- Schedules products and supplies to be moved to and from warehouse; coordinates inventory transfers with related departments.
- Ensures warehouse is efficiently organized and safely maintained.
- Ensures that all equipment is used in a safe manner according to training guidelines.
- Performs cycle counts per direction of supervisors.
- Oversees Save the Rock production.
- Assists Retail Ordering Manager to ensure steady flow of merchandise to island.
- Assists the Inventory Control Manager to ensure receiving and controls are maintained.
- Assists with planning, preparation, and execution of annual physical inventories.
- Leads retail portion of monthly barge runs and ensures safety protocols are adhered to and barge is efficiently unloaded.
Supervision and Staff Development
- Directs and oversees Warehouse Assistants.
- Keeps open communication with team; sharing information, eliciting feedback.
- Instructs staff to ensure work is performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assists in hiring, training, and coaching Warehouse Assistants.
- Monitors staff performance, addresses issues and assists with performance reviews.
Health and Safety:
It is the policy of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy to create and maintain a safe and healthful workplace free from recognized hazards that may cause harm to employees, consistent with and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws. Employees will play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace and will comply with applicable health and safety rules. The Conservancy is committed to the goal of implementing an effective health and safety program and an injury prevention program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Quality: demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Problem solving: identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works with others to solve complex issues.
- Customer service: responds efficiently and cordially to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal skills: considers and responds appropriately to the needs and capabilities of different people in different situations; is tactful, and treats others with respect; relates effectively to others when encountering difficult situations.
- Teamwork: pitches in and contributes to achieving group goals; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Leadership: exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Dependability: completes tasks on time; takes responsibility for own actions; can be relied upon.
- Business acumen: understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability.
- Communication: excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work sensitively and effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledgeable in use of Point of Sale and computerized inventory systems.
Education and/or Experience: Previous experience working with retail inventory is preferred
Certifications or Licenses:
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Will be required to be certified to operate a forklift and powered pallet jacks.
Physical Requirements and Work Environments:
- Work is performed in a warehouse, office, retail and stockroom setting, and on a barge 1 day per month.
- Work is primarily performed standing or walking.
- Work requires squatting and kneeling.
- Regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 2 to 8 hours per day.
- Frequently lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly walks up/down a hill that is equivalent to a 13-story climb.
Supervision: This position supervises three Warehouse Assistants
Pay Rate and Benefits: Rate starts at $24.84, depending on qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes paid vacation/personal/sick days, health plans (medical/dental/vision), 403(B), Employee Assistance Program, Commuter Program, employee discounts, etc.
Application Deadline Date: August 19, 2021.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, placement and promotions are conducted without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap, veteran status or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State, and local laws & ordinances. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca 94123
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Usually, you’re going to have no clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good thing is that you are not alone. There are several other folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can also be easy if you realize where to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, here are guidelines to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an out of this world and commonly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often provide vital coaching, belongings, and systems for activity seekers. These firms will also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating enjoy. A easy Web experiment for job firms on your areashould discover where and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The end goal for that is to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise change into into an enduring job for the individuals who carry out well all through their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of cash whilst cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.