Hiring Organization / Company: Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Development Database Associate
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is the nonprofit support partner of the Golden Gate National Parks—84,000 acres of national parkland throughout the Bay Area, including Muir Woods, Ocean Beach, Crissy Field, and Alcatraz. The Parks Conservancy is a membership organization created to preserve the Golden Gate National Parks, enhance the experiences of park visitors, and build a community dedicated to conserving the parks for the future. Park projects and programs include the Crissy Field Center, the promoting of leadership and environmental justice training for youth; the Native Plant Nurseries, which grows over 100,000 plants annually to restore habitat; Trails Forever, which is at work building and rehabilitating miles of trails throughout the parks; and volunteer programs that inspire 35,000 people annually to take action in support the parks.
Job Overview: The Development Database Associate provides direct support and takes ownership of the Raisers Edge donor database. Responsibilities for the Development department include data entry, internal and external data analysis, and reporting, non-member gift processing, One Tam and below $1,000 gift level acknowledgment generation, and provides database-related support for events and planned to give. Reports to Associate Director- Individual Giving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Gift Processing (70%):
- Responsible for entering in gift information and data. Primary staff person responsible for gift processing and fit
- all non-member gifts including all gifts for One Tam
- gifts of $1,000 and above (including Family Campfire and Trails Forever Dinner gifts)
- vehicle donations
- stock and wire transfers
- in-kind gifts
- Assess and streamline gift processes, create better systems, and enhance reporting through identifying appropriate fields for data entry. Responsible for intradepartmental gift communications and tracking.
- Create acknowledgments for:
- membership gifts under $1,000 including mailing of “premiums” for donations
- One Tam gifts including mailing of “premiums” for donations
- Miscellaneous gifts
- Commemorative gifts
- Serve as the primary liaison with the Finance Department to ensure reconciliation of funds and address complex gift issues, including but not limited to:
- Open communication between development and finance team to verify stock and wire transfer gifts are received and maintaining the tracking lists
- Working with the development team to ensure gifts are processed accurately
- Processing gift adjustments in the Raiser’s Edge database as needed
- Maintaining tribute and commemorative giving records, as applicable
- Manage quarterly processing of One Tam membership renewals and acquisition appeals in Raiser’s Edge while maintaining process and procedures while suggesting changes as needed for these responsibilities
- Design Raiser’s Edge reports for Development and other departments.
- Ensure data is entered in a way that ensures reports supply needed information in an understandable format.
- Manage data to ensure the integrity of the database; detect and correct or make recommendations to rectify inconsistencies and inaccuracies in data entry standards.
Event Support (10%)
- Provide staff support for events for One Tam, Parks Conservancy leaders Circle (PCLC), and other events. Record in the database who attended events including member events at least 20 events per year.
- Enter contact information for volunteer groups into Raisers Edge when it is available. Enter attendance and contact information of guests at auction item events. Enter other event information into Raiser’s Edge as appropriate.
Health and Safety:
It is the policy of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy to create and maintain a safe and healthful workplace free from recognized hazards that may cause harm to employees, consistent with and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws. Employees will play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace and will comply with all applicable health and safety rules. The Conservancy is committed to the goal of implementing an effective health and safety program and an injury prevention program.
- 1 year of database experience and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/ or other databases strongly preferred
- 1 year of project coordination or development experience preferred
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Ability to track and prioritize multiple projects with various deadlines
- Ability to appropriately interact with donors, staff across various departments, and outside support vendors
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Regularly works at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6-8 hours per day.
- Work is performed at a desk in an indoor setting
- Regularly requires positioning, lifting, and carrying objects up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, placement, and promotions are conducted without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap, veteran status or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State, and local laws & ordinances. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca 94123
Date Posted: 2021-07-21
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs at the moment. Normally, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a number of people in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can be simple if you realize where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed below are guidelines that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an improbable and frequently lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often provide important coaching, assets, and systems for task seekers. Those firms will also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little working enjoy. A easy Internet test for job firms to your areamust discover the place and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The top function for that may be to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can frequently be a quicker and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into a long-lasting process for the people who carry out neatly during their operating.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.