Hiring Organization / Company: Swords To Plowshares
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About Swords to Plowshares
Founded in 1974, Swords to Plowshares is a community-based not-for-profit organization that provides counseling and case management, employment and training, housing, and legal assistance to veterans in the San Francisco Bay Area. We promote and protect the rights of veterans through advocacy, public education, and partnerships with local, state, and national entities. Believing that war causes wounds and suffering that last beyond the battlefield, our mission is to heal the wounds of war and to restore dignity, hope, and self-sufficiency to all veterans in need, and to end homelessness and poverty among those we serve. To learn more about Swords to Plowshares, please visit our website at www.swords-to-plowshares.org .
Director of Diversity Equity and Inclusion
The Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is deeply passionate about DEI and Cultural Humility, improving organizational equity outcomes and standards, and is highly skilled in leading multi-level DEI strategies and achieving results for a complex organization. The Director of DEI will embed Cultural Humility Principles, using a DEI framework into the organization’s structure and methods when engaging with clients, residents, as well as staff. Must have outstanding communications skills, experience with program implementation and design, along with the ability to collaborate with a wide variety of employees, departments, teams, and external partners about DEI, as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as an equity thought partner to the Executive Director, the Senior Management Team, and the DEI Committee to achieve excellent service delivery to veterans, staff, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the design, planning and implementation of organizational DEI strategies that are embedded into all aspects of the organization
- Serve as the DEI operational leader, developing and implementing DEI plans across the organization
- Build strong relationships with staff at all levels to drive awareness, commitment and accountability for the DEI action plans across the organization using the principles of Cultural Humility
- Manage and coordinate organization-wide equity research and practice efforts and inform DEI success metrics, performance indicators and mechanisms to track and report DEI performance
- Work with the Director of Human Resources to embed equity and inclusion into existing learning programs and build a full DEI learning and development plan
- Partner with HR leaders to support execution of employee relations strategies
- Partner with Communications team to develop DEI communication plan to regularly communicate internal and external DEI efforts
- Foster strong relationships with external stakeholders, community partners and outside organizations to further DEI efforts
- A four-year college degree or equivalent experience is required
- 4 + years of progressive leadership roles including responsibility for DEI strategy and operations
- Extensive experience in DEI programs, employee, and community engagement experience and/or organizational effectiveness
- Significant knowledge, understanding and application of Cultural Humility principles
- Demonstrated experience translating vision into executable strategy and working with cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan
- Strategic and operational expertise in designing and implementing DEI programs based on an understanding of concepts related to Cultural Humility and engagement
- A data-driven, critical, and analytical thinker who leverages data and analytics to develop insights, drive decisions, measure impact and drive to results
- Strong relationship builder, demonstrating strong emotional intelligence and a natural orientation towards collaboration and partnership
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills who is comfortable working across and with all levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to facilitate tough conversations related to DEI
- A strong sense of curiosity and resilience in solving complex problems
- Ability to handle sensitive information and compliance issues
- Innovative thinker, possessing a growth mindset when approaching work
- Strong commitment and passion about DEI and advancing DEI across Swords to Plowshares
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to think critically and quickly during a crisis
- Crisis management and de-escalation training
- Ability to manage budgets, timelines, and deadlines
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic and diverse working environment
- Ability to work as a team player
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Physical requirements include the ability to sit for long periods and manage transportation to site/s
- Will need approval to drive company vehicles from HR
- Personal computer, phone, fax, Microsoft Office suite
Salary & Benefits
Compensation is based on a competitive public interest salary scale. Swords to Plowshares offers a generous benefits package including the following benefits:
- Excellent medical and dental packages
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- 17 vacation days in the first year
- 12 holidays every year
- Wellness program
Location: 1060 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca 94103
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately searching for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Typically, you will don’t have any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are several other folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center may also be simple if you know where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are tips to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an unbelievable and usually overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often provide essential training, property, and systems for process seekers. Those corporations will also be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating revel in. A simple Web experiment for job firms in your areamust uncover the place and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a selection to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The tip objective for that may be to economize on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give firms the way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can frequently be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise become into an enduring task for the individuals who carry out smartly during their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money while cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.