Hiring Organization / Company: Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- The Parks Conservancy seeks a reliable, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable person to fill the position of Sales Associate at the Golden Gate Bridge Welcome Center. This is a unique opportunity to work for a nonprofit organization supporting the Golden Gate National Parks
- Represent the Golden Gate National Parks to visitors from all over the world
- Provide orientation and interpretation of the Golden Gate and its famous bridge
- Encourage visitors to form a lasting connection to our parks and to the Golden Gate Bridge
- Sell interpretive merchandise as a member of our team and help the Conservancy meet its sales goals
- All candidates must be willing to work an 8-hour shift, including weekends and holidays, beginning and ending sometime between the hours of 8 AM – 8 PM, depending on the shift and season
- Provide friendly, attentive visitor services, of the highest quality
- Complete all transactions quickly and accurately
- Answer all visitor questions with courtesy, accuracy, and appropriateness
- Work within a cohesive team to run daily operations smoothly and efficiently
- Communicate quickly and accurately to appropriate parties when visitor and employee safety, park resources, facilities, and assets are at risk
- Maintain positive and respectful relationships with the Golden Gate Bridge District, National Park Service, and Parks Conservancy colleagues
- Constantly restock and keep merchandise displays clean and attractive
- Understand and comply with State and local health regulations and protocols at work.
- Complete mandatory Covid-19 training by designated time. Modules #1 and #2 required for all staff.
- Complete daily self-health checklist prior to reporting to work for scheduled shift. Inform Manager/Supervisor at least 30 minutes before start of shift if you’re not feeling well enough to report to work.
- Read, sign, and comply with Conservancy Face Coverings Policy. Must wear face covering at all times on site (except while eating on break).
- Wear disposable gloves when interacting with visitors, doing tasks, or cash handling. (optional)
- Maintain social distancing and COVID hygiene protocols at all times.
- Sanitize hands frequently and the POS equipment (e.g. credit card reader) before and after visitor use.
- Complete cleaning and disinfecting duties assigned by Managers/Supervisors throughout the day.
- You are sensitive to visitor needs and concerns and enjoy working in a busy retail environment with plenty of visitor interaction and conversation about the Parks, the Bridge, and the City
- You are interested in the history, natural history, culture, and trails of the Golden Gate and contribute to the team’s knowledge base
- You convey your enthusiasm and passion about the parks to our visitors
- You are reliable, on time, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment
- You are accurate and fast with cash and other forms of payment at the point of sale
- You are comfortable with high volume sales and customer service
- Standing most of the day, but also sitting, squatting, kneeling, or walking, depending on a wide range of duties
- Working on the main floor, offsite stockroom, and outdoors in the park
- Walking around the Bridge plaza and environs in response to visitors’ concerns
- Walking to other areas of the park including Crissy Field, Fort Point, and Lands End
- Learning how to navigate around the Bridge plaza, the overlooks, and the trails and transportation options around the Presidio and the other park facilities in the area
- Lifting, carrying, or positioning objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Wearing a uniform consisting of all-black, full-length pants, black shoes, uniform shirt, and nametag with vest and/or jacket as needed and adhering to professional appearance standards
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca 94121
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you’ll agree that it is among the hardest jobs this present day. Typically, you’ll haven’t any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not alone. There are a number of people out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can be easy if you realize the place to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, here are guidelines that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an out of this world and frequently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply crucial coaching, property, and methods for activity seekers. Those companies can be in particular useful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating experience. A simple Internet scan for job firms in your areaought to discover the place and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The top purpose for that may be to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply corporations the best way of screening applicants. Employment services can repeatedly be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise transform into a long-lasting job for the individuals who carry out smartly all through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash when cash is now tight in the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.