Hiring Organization / Company: The Salvation Army Western Usa
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Sales Associate/Material Handler Positions open with our Geary Street location
- Must be able to operate POS/Cash Register
- Must pass background check, which will include Criminal History and Sex Offender Registry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Store Team Members & Management Staff, our customers and our donors.
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, and twist on an intermittent or continuous basis.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull objects such as files, file cabinet drawers, clothing carts, merchandise carts, rolling clothing racks, fixtures, furniture dollies, platform trucks and carts, hand trucks and miscellaneous carts.
- Ability to operate a telephone/computer
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform various repetitive motion tasks
1. Ensure Customer/Donor needs are met by greeting all Customers and Donors and giving prompt, courteous assistance.
2. Stock priced items ready to be merchandised on the sales floor in accordance with Salvation Army Standards.
3. Sort donations to be processed in accordance with Salvation Army Standards.
Sales Associate Job Description
4. Assist in the maintenance of the store to keep it clean, neat and organized. Perform cleaning duties as assigned by Store Manager, Assistant Manager, Shift Supervisor and District Sales Manager. Items such as:
- Cleaning Windows
- Cashwrap Area
- Fitting Rooms
- Stockroom and Breakroom
- Sweeping and Mopping
- Donation Area
- Maintains assigned department within the store per TSA Merchandising Standards.
6. Maintain safety standards and report any hazards/problems to the managers.
7. Follow all HR policies and procedures.
8. Attend required Monthly Store Meetings.
9. Follows all Dress Code Policy in accordance with the TSA Policies and Procedures.
10. Work schedules are determined by Management and employee must be flexible to ensure adequate store coverage at all times.
Part-time associates may be scheduled to work any part-time shift including evenings, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. 11. Receive, unload, and stock incoming inventory items accurately and efficiently. 12. Provide Quality Assurance by inspecting products for defects and damages.
13. Maintain and clean up the area in and around the donation trailer/pod at the beginning and end of each shift.
14. Courteously assist the donor in the removal of all donated items from the donor’s vehicle and provide receipt.
15. Separate and sort all donated material into the proper containers, and properly stack material as instructed by the Store Manager.
Job Location Information:
City: South San Francisco
Location: South San Francisco, Ca 94080
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the hardest jobs this present day. Typically, you’ll have no clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not alone. There are a number of folks in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center can also be simple if you recognize the place to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are tips to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are a fantastic and commonly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often supply very important training, belongings, and programs for task seekers. Those companies will also be specifically useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working revel in. A simple Internet scan for job firms in your areamust discover where and how one can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The tip goal for that may be to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide companies the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can recurrently be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise change into into an enduring process for the individuals who perform well all through their working.
3. Free job look services
This is a waste of cash when cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.