Hiring Organization / Company: Xanterra, Yellowstone National Park
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Please note: This position requires you to relocate for the summer to Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming. You are responsible for your transportation to the park!
Be part of a team caring for the comfort of our guests by joining the Laundry Services team in Yellowstone. The unforgettable experience starts with you!
*BONUS: Free employee housing through October 31st 2021*
As the primary concessionaire in Yellowstone, we operate 9 comfortable lodging facilities offering over 2,000 guest rooms spread out over 6 locations. Guest accommodations include both cabins and hotel-style rooms that range from rustic to modern. The housekeeping department offers many opportunities for growth. In fact, the director of lodging started as a housekeeper!
There are many factors that affect what you earn and what you save. Many of the typical day-to-day costs you have back home may disappear. With careful planning, employees who have a savings goal in mind can save hundreds, if not thousands, in a single season!
- Time and a half paid above 40 hours
- FREE In-park housing provided including Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth) and all utilities
- All meals provided including breakfast, lunch, and dinner ($164.24 per two-week pay period)
- Low-cost/discounted medical services at three urgent care clinics within the park
- No Wyoming state taxes deducted from your paycheck
- Free laundry
- Free Employee Recreation Program (athletics, gear rentals, seminars, entertainment, games, and more).
- $350 Referral Bonus for EACH person you refer who gets hired
- Up to 50% off lodging and camping for you plus your friends and family at all Xanterra Parks locations
- 15% off Verizon Phone Service/Products
- 20-30% off Food and Beverage products and 30-40% off Retail items at all Xanterra Parks locations
- Businesses in 5 different gateway communities offer employee discounts
- Discounted Horseback, Stagecoach, and Scenicruise Rides as well as in-park Bus Tours and Fishing Boat Rentals
Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges
We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park.
The Laundry Attendant crew makes sure linen is clean and has been processed in a quality manner.
- Feeds linen into automated ironers and folding equipment.
- Accurately stacks, counts, and loads clean linens into laundry bins.
- Meets or exceeds laundry production standards.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of laundry equipment and assigned work area. Keeps all linens off the floor.
- Follows proper safety practices as specified by laundry management including lockout-tagout, and personal protective equipment such as hearing protection.
- Assists in other duties as assigned.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow instructions accurately.
- Communication skills, including the ability to listen to instructions and to relate problems to supervisors.
- Organizational skills, including the ability to stack neatly.
- Basic mechanical skills, including the ability to remain safe near hot and rotating equipment and the ability to perform emergency shutdown procedures.
- Basic accounting skills, including the ability to maintain an accurate count while stacking and monitoring for quality.
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: From $14.00 per hour
We are dedicated to creating a safe and healthy environment for both employees and guests. We continue to adopt appropriate sanitization measures and are carefully following CDC and state protocols for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- One location
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is one of the toughest jobs nowadays. Generally, you’re going to haven’t any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of other people out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you already know the place to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, here are tips that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an out of this world and frequently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide essential training, belongings, and techniques for job seekers. Those corporations can also be specifically helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A simple Internet scan for job firms in your areashould discover the place and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The end objective for that is to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply companies the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can often be a quicker and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise change into into an enduring task for the individuals who carry out smartly during their working.
3. Free job look services
It is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.