Hiring Organization / Company: Quizlet
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests - including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, visit our careers page!
About the Role:
Our new Legal Counsel will join our General Counsel as our second in-house attorney and play a critical role in building out Quizlet’s Legal function. As a service-oriented team player, you will provide sound legal advice and use excellent business judgment to support Quizlet’s commercial operations, product development, and regulatory compliance initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Provide timely legal and strategic business advice and support across all internal teams, including Product, Technology, Marketing, Ad Sales, Trust & Safety, User Operations, Data, Finance, and HR
- Work closely with internal business clients to review, draft, and negotiate commercial agreements, including advertising sales, licensing, and vendor agreements
- Develop and improve standard form agreements, contracting guidelines, and scalable contract processes; provide training to internal clients on same
- Monitor and drive compliance with Quizlet’s policies and regulatory requirements through close partnership with the Trust & Safety and User Operations teams
- Provide guidance to Product and Technology teams through the entire product development lifecycle
- Partner with Marketing and PR teams to review and develop collateral
- Draft terms of service, policies, disclosures, and other consumer-facing content
- Create and deliver ongoing legal and compliance training to internal teams
- Perform legal research and remain up-to-date on relevant laws and regulations
What you bring to the table:
- JD admitted to practice in California
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience
- Significant experience with contract review, drafting, and negotiation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong problem solving, analysis, and research skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Significant experience with privacy, consumer protection, IP, corporate, and/or employment law issues
- Familiarity with and interest in edtech
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity and challenges with humility and a sense of humor
Benefits & Perks:
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
- We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
- We provide a monthly in home office stipend to employees while our teams are working remote for the COVID pandemic
- We’ll provide you with a laptop, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
Curious about next steps?
- Meet with Recruiter
- Meet with Hiring Manager
- Meet with Potential Colleagues and Leadership
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs nowadays. Generally, you’re going to don’t have any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a number of other people in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center can also be easy if you understand the place to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an unbelievable and frequently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly provide very important coaching, belongings, and programs for job seekers. Those corporations can also be specifically useful for young job seekers or the ones with little working revel in. A easy Web experiment for job firms on your areaought to uncover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The end objective for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give corporations the best way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can repeatedly be a quicker and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn into into a long lasting process for the people who carry out smartly all over their working.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.