Hiring Organization / Company: Quizlet
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests - including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, visit our careers page!
About the Role:
You will be Quizlet's Leader of Technical Recruiting, supporting our Technical hiring in Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics and Technical Infrastructure as we endeavor to accelerate our growth. In addition to your sourcing and recruiting efforts, you will manage the Technical Recruiting team and partner with our Engineering leadership while making sure that candidates have a uniquely positive experience from the first introduction to onboarding.
Recruiting is a core strategic driver of Quizlet’s success. We are building an incredible Talent team working together to help drive our ambitions and scale to the next level. You’ll be tasked with partnering with key leaders across engineering and technical focused roles all while leading a team of recruiting professionals to develop, drive, and execute scalable hiring solutions! This manager will oversee all Engineering, Data Science, Data Analytics and Technical Infrastructure hiring across Quizlet.
In this role, you will:
- Source candidates from relevant networks, online and internal databases, employee referrals and passive candidates through networking and research
- Develop direct reports and ensure team members are performing optimally through guidance on career growth, performance reviews and continuous rigorous feedback while providing mentorship and guidance to the broader recruiting team
- Partner directly with business leaders to build their organizations and manage headcount planning
- Ensure inclusive recruiting processes by proactively guiding and leading a diverse pool of qualified candidates through the hiring funnel
- Track metrics and pipeline activity for team and manage reporting on hiring progress out to execs and cross-functional partners
- Conduct weekly 1:1’s with each member on the team
- Innovate ways to build a strong talent pipeline and recruit from a variety of creative resources
- Negotiate offers by partnering with hiring managers, execs and any other relevant stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally with legal, HR, compensation/benefits, immigration, etc.
What you bring to the table:
- Significant experience as a high performing recruiter within the non-tech or tech sector
- Passionate about Diversity, Inclusion, Equity and Belonging and biased towards action to serving as a courageous ally to our URM communities
- You care deeply about the candidate experience as we attempt to find and hire the very best people for our team
- Proven success in building strong partnerships at the leadership level
- Demonstrated track record in utilizing data and metrics
- Experience building inclusive and diverse teams for recruiting and for the business
- A good eye for talent with the ability to efficiently assess and teach others how
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to be in front of internal and external leaders
- Ability to prioritize workload and adapt to last-minute changes
- Ability to maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor with reports, hiring managers and all members at Quizlet
Benefits & Perks:
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
- We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
- We provide a monthly in home office stipend to employees while our teams are working remote for the COVID pandemic
- We’ll provide you with a laptop, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
Curious about next steps?
- Meet with Recruiter
- Meet with Hiring Manager
- Meet with Potential Colleagues and Leadership
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs in this day and age. Most often, you will haven’t any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you are not by yourself. There are a few other folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can be simple if you know where to begin. Before you begin your job searching procedure, listed here are guidelines that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an improbable and usually overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often provide very important training, assets, and methods for task seekers. These corporations may also be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little operating revel in. A easy Web test for job firms in your areashould uncover where and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The top function for that may be to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide corporations the way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can commonly be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise become into a long lasting process for the individuals who perform smartly all through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash whilst money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.