Hiring Organization / Company: Swords To Plowshares
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
About Swords to Plowshares
Founded in 1974, Swords to Plowshares is a community-based not-for-profit organization that provides counseling and case management, employment and training, housing, and legal assistance to veterans in the San Francisco Bay Area. We promote and protect the rights of veterans through advocacy, public education, and partnerships with local, state, and national entities. Believing that war causes wounds
and suffering that last beyond the battlefield, our mission is to heal the wounds of war and to restore dignity, hope, and self-sufficiency to all veterans in need, and to end homelessness and poverty among those we serve. To learn more about Swords to Plowshares, please visit our website at www.swords-to- plowshares.org .
*On Call Program Monitor/Scheduling Coordinator
Full-time, Non-exempt position
This position is 40 hours per week and will be divided between On Call Program Monitor for work at all our housing sites (60%) and working as a Scheduling Coordinator to assist with the on-call coverage needs across our housing sites (40%).
On-Call Program Monitor component involves working three days a week as requested and to work a variety of shifts at any of our housing sites or at a drop-in clinic located in San Francisco. Shifts can be arranged with Program Manager for On Call Staffing and may vary from week to week depending on need. Maintaining a flexible schedule is necessary for this component of the position.
Scheduling Coordinator component will involve fulfilling the duties of On Call Staffing Manager for a minimum of two days per week or full time when Manager is out of office. The Scheduling Coordinator would have responsibility for finding coverage for Program Monitors as needed, at our housing sites by contacting a pool of On Call employees and external employment agencies and matching available candidates to an appropriate shift and site. Scheduling may be carried out in advance or may be in response to immediate needs when staff are unable to work their shift. Good administrative skills, time management and resourcefulness are important for this component of the position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain good attendance record, including timely notification if unable to work shift
- Respond to emergencies and conducts crisis interventions.
- Completes appropriate documentation and works with staff to identify resident issues.
- Accompany and supervise residents during meals.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervisions.
- Managing the housing environment after regular hours. (Shifts may include overnights and weekends.)
- Clear and concise documentation, i.e. Incident Reports and Log Book entries
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact productively with residents and staff
- Urinalysis testing (Transitional Housing only)
- Clerical duties as assigned, i.e. photo copying and assembling charts, etc
- Perform comparable and/or related duties as required by management
- Employee must be able to perform duties with what would be considered reasonable accommodation
- High School diploma or GED considered with experience
- Minimum of three (3) years experience working with persons experiencing chronic homelessness, substance abuse and mental health diagnosis, with at least one (1) year in a human service agency
- Translatable military experience and skills may be alternatively substituted
- Ability to engage clients in a respectful and compassionate manner
- Crisis intervention de-escalation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to enter data into email and/or communication logs and to maintain an accurate scheduling spreadsheet and database
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution, crisis intervention, quality assurance.
- Effective time management skills
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written, listening and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite products
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of personalities and be comfortable working with an at-risk client population, including embracing the agency’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiative
Salary & Benefits
Compensation is based on a competitive public interest salary scale. Swords to Plowshares offers a generous benefits package including the following benefits:
- Excellent medical and dental packages
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- 17 vacation days in the first year
- 12 holidays every year
- Wellness program
Location: 1060 Howard Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca 94103
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is likely one of the toughest jobs at the moment. Usually, you are going to haven’t any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of other people out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center may also be simple if where to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are tips to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an out of this world and frequently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently provide important training, property, and techniques for job seekers. These corporations may also be specifically helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running experience. A easy Internet scan for job firms for your areamust discover where and easy methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations choose to have their positions dispatched through temporal companies. The tip goal for that may be to save money on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide companies the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can repeatedly be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into an enduring task for the people who perform well all through their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of cash whilst money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.