Hiring Organization / Company: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Berkeley Lab’s Procurement Team is Growing!
We are looking for experienced and talented members to join our dynamic team!
This position will execute on known or anticipated opportunities in the acquisition of goods and services while contributing to cost savings, partnerships with suppliers and other value-added activities to support the work of Berkeley Lab.
The Lab’s mission is to bring science solutions to the world! Our procurement teams support the science in the following areas: acquisition of goods, services, construction, research and development.
What You Will Do:
- Execute the purchasing and supply chain management strategies commensurate with the needs of our internal customers and stakeholders.
- Adhere to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) purchasing requirements.
- Plan acquisition needs in advance to implement the best sourcing strategy.
- Develop and lead purchasing strategies.
- Enable supplier integration and Key Performance Indicators.
- Perform price or cost analysis to support purchasing justification of qualified sources.
- Issue solicitations of various types from low price to best value request for proposals.
- Negotiate pricing, negotiate terms, recommend award, and prepare the necessary documentation in support of purchasing decisions.
- Consult Legal Counsel for exceptions to standard terms and conditions.
- Drive value and lead cost savings outcomes.
- Draft RFP’s for various goods and services.
- Complete end-to-end acquisition process.
What Is Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics, or a related field and 4 years of relevant experience as a sourcing or procurement professional or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience building and maintaining successful relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Proficiency with Oracle PeopleSoft or electronic purchasing systems, Google applications, Microsoft Suite, and Adobe.
- Ability to administer a wide variety of contract types and develop supporting contract documents.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating, oral and written communication skills.
What We Desire:
- Advanced graduate degree.
- Experience with various contract types including fixed price, cost reimbursable, and support services, fabricated lab equipment, consulting, real property leasing, and/or lease analysis and lease-to-own (LTO) actions.
- Project management skills, experience leading cross-functional teams, experience with driving process efficiencies/improvements.
- Experience with Federal labor compliance or equivalent state and/or local labor law requirements.
- Certification (CPM, CFCM, CCCM, CPCM).
- Familiarity with applicable LBNL Procurement Standard Practices, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DOE Acquisition Regulations (DEAR).
The posting shall remain open until the positions are filled.
- This is a full-time, M-F, exempt from overtime pay (monthly paid), career appointment.
- There are multiple openings for this position.
- This position is a multiple-level posting and the successful candidate will be hired at a level commensurate with the business needs; and skills, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- This position is subject to the financial disclosure requirements of the California Political Reform Act of 1974. The successful candidate for this position will be required to file financial interest statements upon assuming this position, annually while holding this position, and when leaving this position.
- This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
- Work will be primarily performed at the Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) — Bldg. 971, 6401 Hollis St., Emeryville, CA; however, travel occasionally to/from the Berkeley Lab Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA is required.
Learn About Us:
Berkeley Lab (LBNL) addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
The vision of the Office of the Chief Financial Office (OCFO) is to enable scientific discovery by providing leadership, excellent services, and responsive solutions to its Laboratory partners. The OCFO seeks applicants with initiative and focus who thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment and who want to positively impact the Lab's scientific mission.
Working at Berkeley Lab has many rewards including a competitive compensation program, excellent health and welfare programs, a retirement program that is second to none, and outstanding development opportunities. To view information about the many rewards that are offered at Berkeley Lab- Click Here.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4. Click here to view the poster and supplement: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law."
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco Bay Area
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Ca
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is one of the hardest jobs at the present time. Generally, you are going to have no clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a few other folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center may also be easy if you know where to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are pointers that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job companies are an improbable and commonly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms usually provide critical training, assets, and methods for process seekers. These corporations may also be in particular helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little running revel in. A easy Internet experiment for job firms to your areamust discover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a selection to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The top purpose for that is to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide companies the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can usually be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise develop into into a long lasting process for the individuals who carry out neatly right through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This is a waste of money while money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.