Hiring Organization / Company: Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
- Provide an exceptional guest experience by sharing the history of Alcatraz, its stories, and helping visitors to commemorate their visit with products that interpret history of the island.
- Engage with visitors from around the world in a friendly and authentic manner.
- Answer visitor questions about the history of the island, current exhibits, The Golden Gate National Parks as well as surrounding destinations.
- Deliver a check out experience that is pleasant, efficient, and accurate.
- Work collaboratively with the entire retail sales team as well as our park partners.
- Stock merchandise and fold apparel.
- Provide basic housekeeping (dusting, vacuuming, trash removal, etc.) in order to ensure a clean and presentable store and workspace.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Candidate must possess, or demonstrate the ability to learn, customer services skills and must enjoy working in one of the most visited National Park sites.
- Must be able to or demonstrate the ability to learn operate a cash register and efficiently and accurately handle cash.
- Candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- Punctuality is a requirement.
- Candidate must demonstrate high levels of professionalism, courtesy and judgment.
- Must be able to comfortably interact with people from around the world and a diverse team.
- Must remain open to changing priorities as customer and operational needs dictate.
- Must have flexible availability including weekends, holidays, evening and night shifts.
- Work is performed in a retail store setting on an island that is a National Park Site that is a nature preserve with aging historical buildings.
- Work is primarily performed standing or walking for 6 to 8 hours per day.
- Work requires squatting and kneeling.
- Regularly works on a computer or operates electronic equipment.
- Frequently lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly requires a walk up a hill that is equivalent to a 13-story climb.
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca 94123
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you are going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs in this day and age. In most cases, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a couple of other people in the market who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center can be easy if you already know the place to start out. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are pointers that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an incredible and repeatedly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms regularly provide important coaching, assets, and methods for activity seekers. These companies will also be in particular useful for young job seekers or the ones with little running enjoy. A simple Web test for job firms for your areamust discover the place and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The tip objective for that is to save cash on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide firms the best way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can regularly be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise transform into a long-lasting task for the individuals who perform neatly all through their operating.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of money whilst cash is now tight within the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.