Hiring Organization / Company: Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Sales Associate, Alcatraz Island
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is the nonprofit partner of the National Park Service overseeing the Golden Gate National Recreation Area — 84,000 acres of national parkland spanning the San Francisco Bay Area, including Muir Woods, Ocean Beach, Crissy Field, and Alcatraz Island. The Parks Conservancy is a membership organization created to preserve the Golden Gate National Parks, enhance the experiences of park visitors, and build a community dedicated to conserving the parks for the future.
With our local and federal partners, the Parks Conservancy is committed to the work of supporting Bay Area national parks as places where we can further racial and social justice for our community and climate resilience for these protected lands.
This is an opportunity to support the iconic Alcatraz Island and to join a passionate and dedicated team of individuals who are committed to creating a one-of-a-kind experience for visitors from around the world. Whether you are a seasoned retail professional or just getting started in your career, you will have the experience of working on Alcatraz Island in one of the most unique retail jobs in the world, helping visitors to commemorate their visit with products that help share the Alcatraz story while working to support The Golden Gate National Parks.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide an exceptional guest experience by sharing the history of Alcatraz, its stories, and helping visitors to commemorate their visit with products that interpret history of the island.
- Engage with visitors from around the world in a friendly and authentic manner.
- Answer visitor questions about the history of the island, current exhibits, The Golden Gate National Parks as well as surrounding destinations.
- Deliver a check out experience that is pleasant, efficient, and accurate.
- Work collaboratively with the entire retail sales team as well as our park partners.
- Stock merchandise and fold apparel.
- Provide basic housekeeping (dusting, vacuuming, trash removal, etc.) in order to ensure a clean and presentable store and workspace.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Health and Safety
It is the policy of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy to create and maintain a safe and healthful workplace free from recognized hazards that may cause harm to employees, consistent with and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws. Employees will play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace and will comply with all applicable health and safety rules. The Conservancy is committed to the goal of implementing an effective health and safety program and an injury prevention program.
COVID-19 (specific duties)
- Understand and comply with State and local health regulations and protocols at work.
- Complete mandatory Covid-19 training by designated time. Modules #1 and #2 required for all staff.
- Complete daily self-health checklist prior to reporting to work for scheduled shift. Inform Manager/Supervisor at least 30 minutes before start of shift if you’re not feeling well enough to report to work.
- Read, sign, and comply with Conservancy Face Coverings Policy. Must wear face covering at all times on site (except while eating on break).
- Wear disposable gloves when interacting with visitors, doing tasks, or cash handling. (optional)
- Maintain social distancing and COVID hygiene protocols at all times.
- Sanitize hands frequently and the POS equipment (e.g. credit card reader) before and after visitor use.
- Complete cleaning and disinfecting duties assigned by Managers/Supervisors throughout the day.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Candidate must possess, or demonstrate the ability to learn, customer services skills and must enjoy working in one of the most visited National Park sites.
- Must be able to or demonstrate the ability to learn operate a cash register and efficiently and accurately handle cash.
- Candidate must enjoy working in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- Punctuality is a requirement.
- Candidate must demonstrate high levels of professionalism, courtesy and judgment.
- Must be able to comfortably interact with people from around the world and a diverse team.
- Must remain open to changing priorities as customer and operational needs dictate.
- Must have flexible availability including weekends, holidays, evening and night shifts.
Physical Requirements and Work Environments
- Work is performed in a retail store setting on an island that is a National Park Site that is a nature preserve with aging historical buildings.
- Work is primarily performed standing or walking for 6 to 8 hours per day.
- Work requires squatting and kneeling.
- Regularly works on a computer or operates electronic equipment.
- Frequently lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly requires a walk up a hill that is equivalent to a 13-story climb.
Pay rate: Starts at $17.00/hour, depending on experience and qualifications. Benefits include; Medical, Dental, Vision, 403B, Commuter Program & Employee Assistance Program.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, placement and promotions are conducted without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap, veteran status or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State, and local laws & ordinances. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca 94123
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding approximately looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs at the moment. Typically, you will haven’t any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are a few people out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a business center may also be easy if the place to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are pointers to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an unbelievable and commonly overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly provide crucial training, property, and methods for task seekers. Those companies may also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or those with little operating enjoy. A simple Web test for job firms to your areashould discover the place and get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The end function for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise give companies the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can frequently be a quicker and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise turn into into an enduring activity for the individuals who perform smartly all the way through their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money when cash is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.