Hiring Organization / Company: University Of California San Francisco
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
The Pre-Access Operations Special Projects Analyst has the following top responsibilities:
- Analyzes trends, patterns, and outcomes related to the operation of securing authorizations in the various pre-access units.
- Reviews problematic accounts to determine the best course of action and/or necessary changes to operations
- Utilizes Microsoft Excel I Access and Epic reporting tools to identify trends or patterns of concern, devise solutions, and recommend the best course of action; work closely with other analysts within the Revenue Cycle team to achieve the same objectives.
- Assists management in the assignment and distribute work to staff as necessary,
- Responds to staff inquiries on accounts prior to escalation to a supervisor.
The incumbent is expected to work independently but closely with various stakeholders for authorizations in the Medical Center. To do so, he/she must maintain effective and productive interaction between the unit, the Radiology department, the various practices of the Medical Center, as well as the insurance companies that are contracted with UCSF Medical Center.
- Two years of related experience and/or equivalent education/training.
- Knowledge of government program regulations, Medi-Cal, Medicare, MIA, C.C.S., and other third-party payers.
- Proficiency in reimbursement financial policies.
- Proficiency in commercial health insurance eligibility and authorization requirements.
- Working knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Basic knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Flexibility to orient and to work at all UCSF Health locations.
- Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with culturally diverse staff and patient/family population.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Four or more years of experience at the Admitting Worker or comparable level.
- Previous UCSF Medical Center Patient Access experience.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Job Code and Payroll Title
Job Location Information:
Location: Emeryville, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about searching for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs this present day. Typically, you will have no clue where or what to look for in the job market. The good factor is that you are not on your own. There are a couple of folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center can be easy if you realize the place to start out. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are pointers that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job corporations are an incredible and frequently overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly supply crucial training, property, and systems for task seekers. Those companies can be particularly helpful for young job seekers or those with little running revel in. A easy Web scan for job firms in your areashould uncover where and the way to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms choose to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The top objective for that may be to save money on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide corporations the way of screening candidates. Employment products and services can usually be a sooner and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn out to be into a long lasting process for the people who perform neatly all through their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of money whilst money is now tight in the first place. After all, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.