Hiring Organization / Company: Quizlet
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests - including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, reach out at [email protected] or visit our careers page.
- Working with PM/design/data/marketing to identify which problems we should tackle to make Quizlet even better at enabling learners to study effectively.
- Formulating engineering plans around possible solutions, focusing on validating user delight early with A/B testing and working with the rest of the web engineers to estimate realistic milestones.
- Code reviewing team PRs and sharing your own so that other team engineers have visibility into what we're building and how we've designed it.
- Planning for and implementing improvements to the way we do things on the web, as part of wider platform investments we commit to as an engineering organization.
- Dive deep into understanding and empathizing with the users they are building for.
- Desire to solve learners' actual real world problems and to do that we need a deep understanding of them.
- Passion for quality and is excited to be responsible for software that 60M users use on a monthly basis.
- Strive to build out the interface and interactions that help our users learn, but also willing to take on challenges of scale and build out API’s that make core Quizlet work.
- 5+ years of experience building rich, interactive web applications
- Passion for understanding user behavior and building beautiful user experiences
- Have lead projects from inception to completion
- Experience working on large-scale consumer websites, with attention to scalability and performance concerns
- Experience working with server-side MVC web frameworks and REST APIs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enjoy collaborating in a cross-platform and cross-disciplinary team
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Excitement about the impact your work could have on the lives of students and teachers every day
- You teach, tutor, or mentor others at or outside work
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
- We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
- We provide a monthly in home office stipend to employees while our teams are working remote for the COVID pandemic
- We’ll provide you with a laptop, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
- Meet with Recruiter
- Meet with Hiring Manager
- Meet with Potential Colleagues and Leadership
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about looking for Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the toughest jobs at the present time. In most cases, you’ll haven’t any clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good factor is that you’re not on your own. There are a few folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a business center will also be easy if you know where to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an out of this world and often overpassed hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms often supply vital training, property, and programs for process seekers. These companies can also be in particular useful for young job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A easy Web scan for job firms for your areamust discover where and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top purpose for that is to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide firms the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can repeatedly be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise develop into into an enduring job for the people who carry out neatly right through their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.