Hiring Organization / Company: Quizlet
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests - including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, visit our careers page!
About the Team:
The Growth team’s mission is to make Quizlet the go-to destination for school learners looking to practice and master whatever they are trying to learn. We’re striving to make Quizlet the most advanced and sophisticated International Growth company in the EdTech industry. Our work runs the gamut from keeping making sure we stay up with SEO best practices to building referral programs for students and teachers.
This role is on the SEO team, which is part of the User Growth group. We are a highly collaborative and cross functional team that works across Engineering, Product, Design, Data Science, and Marketing.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, contribute and collaborate on projects that seek to improve users and Google’s ability to find the right content on Quizlet
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Data Science, Marketing and other software engineers to define and develop new features that help our users discover useful material to study, like new Set recommendation units
- Work with SEO experts to make our technical SEO game the best in the business
- Design and build experiments to help us understand how to move our top-line metrics
- Identify, advocate, and contribute to platform investment projects that will improve the productivity of full stack engineers as well as the quality of the codebase
- Build out new infrastructure that allows us to launch and organize new content at scale
- Mentor teammates to improve engineering best practices
- Demonstrated the ability to break down and implement projects that perform at scale and guide architecture with other engineers
- Our team works in two week sprints with kickoff, standup, grooming and a retro at the end to ensure our process is working for us (and not the other way around!)
- We love to work collaboratively - you’ll work with everybody on the team to explore creative solutions to problems so that we can continue to learn and iterate quickly
- As a senior engineer you will be responsible for bringing product requirements into reality. This means working proposing engineering solutions, breaking down work into milestones and tasks, working with product analysts to formulate test plans and when it's all done understanding and communicating what we’ve learned
- Understand and make tradeoffs between level of investment and execution speed, along with trying to learn what works and what doesn’t as quickly as possible
- Review code and engineering designs from other engineers on the team who may be working on other projects
- Plenty of heads down time to execute on the team plan
What you bring to the table:
- You have experience leading projects from inception to completion
- 2+ years of experience building rich, interactive web applications
- Experience working in a data-driven environment - able to shift gears and go where the data leads you
- No fear of jumping into the data to analyze an A/B test or identify a new opportunity
- Experience balancing multiple competing priorities and finding creative solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Experience working on large-scale consumer websites, with attention to scalability and performance concerns
- Excitement about the impact your work could have on the lives of students around the world
- Mentoring other engineers to improve best practices
- An aptitude for experimentation demonstrated by being hypothesis-driven, metrics focused and eager to test and iterate
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience building data pipelines
- Worked in a user growth team
- Extensive knowledge of A/B testing an data analysis of results
- Double bonus if you’ve have in-depth knowledge of how to use SEO best practices to drive user traffic
Benefits & Perks:
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
- We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
- We provide a monthly in home office stipend to employees while our teams are working remote for the COVID pandemic
- We’ll provide you with a laptop, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
Curious about next steps?
- Meet with Recruiter
- Meet with Hiring Manager
- Meet with Potential Colleagues and Leadership
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you’ll agree that it is one of the hardest jobs this present day. Typically, you will haven’t any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are several other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center will also be simple if you realize the place to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are pointers that can assist you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an out of this world and often overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms repeatedly supply very important coaching, assets, and methods for task seekers. Those firms can also be specifically helpful for young job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A easy Web experiment for job firms to your areashould uncover where and get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal agencies. The tip function for that is to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise provide corporations the way in which of screening candidates. Employment products and services can commonly be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into a long lasting process for the people who perform well all over their running.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of cash while cash is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.