Hiring Organization / Company: Quizlet
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests - including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, visit our careers page!
About the Team:
We are a remote / flexible team. This role can be based out of one of our Hub offices in San Francisco, Denver or NYC or it can be remote.
About the Role:
As a Talent Sourcer you will work cross-functionally to identify, engage and highlight top talent for key roles across our engineering and product organization. You’ll partner with Talent Acquisition Partners, collaborate with internal stakeholders, and leverage best practices in order to support our talent acquisition goals. We take pride in the craft of building this amazing team and that's where you come in! In addition to your sourcing efforts, you will serve as a valuable member of Quizlet’s high performance recruiting engine, making sure that candidates have a uniquely positive experience.
In this role, you will:
- Build candidate pipelines for both unique and evergreen roles to support hiring for Quizlet’s engineering teams
- Develop and execute comprehensive sourcing strategies, partnering with Talent Acquisition Partners and analyzing role requirements to determine target candidate profile needs
- Create innovative sourcing strategies, including leveraging your knowledge of organizations, platforms, and networks, to attract and engage technical talent
- Conduct initial phone screen for candidates and advocate on their behalf to Talent Acquisition Partners and Hiring Managers
- Maintain a network of potential candidates through thoughtful engagement practices, building candidate rapport through trust, and acting as a candidate advisor throughout the recruitment process
- Track and analyze data on sourcing and conversion efforts to understand the efficacy of sourcing strategies and drive improvements as needed
- Represent Quizlet’s culture and values in interactions with candidates, partners and stakeholders
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years relevant experience in a technical recruiting or sourcing role; experience recruiting in a high-growth, start-up environment a plus
- Passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion
- Ability to work independently and proactively problem solve, developing creative approaches to sourcing and engaging candidates
- Demonstrated excellence and passion for creating a delightful candidate experience
- Enthusiasm for proactively networking and establishing effective working relationships with professional networks and affinity groups; prior experience a plus
- Detail-oriented in approach to all tasks, whether mundane or mission critical
- Appreciate productivity and have a sense urgency
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
- We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
- We provide a monthly in home office stipend to employees while our teams are working remote for the COVID pandemic
- We’ll provide you with a laptop, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Date Posted: 2021-07-22
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is among the hardest jobs this present day. Most often, you’ll don’t have any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are a few other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a industrial center may also be easy if you know the place to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are pointers to help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are a fantastic and recurrently overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly supply crucial training, belongings, and techniques for task seekers. Those firms will also be specifically useful for young job seekers or the ones with little running experience. A easy Web experiment for job firms on your areamust uncover the place and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top purpose for that may be to save cash on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply companies the best way of screening candidates. Employment services can commonly be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise grow to be into a long lasting process for the individuals who perform smartly during their working.
3. Free job look services and products
This is a waste of cash while money is now tight within the first place. Of course, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.