Hiring Organization / Company: Quizlet
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests - including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
With offices in major cities around the world and ambitious plans for expansion, we remain grounded in our commitment to our mission of helping people learn. We’re looking for new team members who crave a challenge and want to help us continue amplifying our impact. If you’d like to learn more, visit our careers page!
About the Role:
You will join our small but mighty (and growing!) Talent Acquisition team as we endeavor to accelerate our growth. In addition to coordinating our recruiting efforts, you will serve as a valuable member of Quizlet’s high performance recruiting engine, making sure that candidates have a uniquely positive experience from first introduction all the way through to their on-boarding. The recruiting organization you help us build will be the gold standard that other companies look to emulate. You will care about education and the impact our product is having, and feel genuinely motivated to achieve that impact by growing our team.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure a positive candidate experience through timely communication, scheduling Google Meet interviews, and facilitating on-site interviews (when we are back in the office)
- Maintaining data integrity in Lever (our applicant tracking system)
- Work closely with the recruiting team and hiring managers to understand open roles and help properly move candidates through the process
- Assist recruiting team with ongoing projects such as DEI efforts, data analysis, employer branding, etc.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve existing processes and/or implement new ones
- Evangelize our company, product vision, technology, and why people should work for Quizlet
- Work closely with all team members to create and improve recruiting programs and develop innovative strategies for finding the best talent
What you bring to the table:
- A commitment to and track record of delivering high touch, world class service to internal and external candidates and employees
- Adaptability and openness to learning and incorporating new recruiting strategies, tactics, and processes
- 1-2+ years experience in Recruiting, HR or Executive coordination
- Strong calendar management skills and attention to detail
- You have a passion for education and/or doing good in the world — you’re excited about the impact your work could have in the lives of students and teachers every single day.
- You are a creative, driven and productive professional who can think quickly on their feet
- Ability to handle heavy scheduling within Google Calendar required; familiarity with Slack is preferred
- Experience with ATS applications, ideally Lever
- Demonstrated ability to serve as critical recruiting touchpoint for all levels of our organization with exposure to hiring from entry-level to senior management positions
Benefits & Perks:
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a schedule that ensures a high level of productivity (creating that ideal work/life balance)
- We offer 20 days of paid vacation (and we expect you to take them)
- We provide a monthly in home office stipend to employees while our teams are working remote for the COVID pandemic
- We’ll provide you with a laptop, top-notch benefits available to all fulltime Quizleters
Curious about next steps?
- Meet with Recruiter
- Meet with Hiring Manager
- Meet with Potential Colleagues and Leadership
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and hustle to deliver results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about in search of Jobs, you will agree that it is one of the toughest jobs this present day. Usually, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to look for within the job market. The good thing is that you’re not alone. There are several other folks in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a industrial center can also be simple if you understand where to begin. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed below are guidelines that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an implausible and frequently lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms frequently provide essential training, assets, and programs for task seekers. These firms may also be particularly useful for young job seekers or those with little working experience. A easy Internet test for job firms on your areaought to discover where and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal agencies. The tip function for that is to save cash on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give companies the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can frequently be a sooner and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company may likewise grow to be into a long lasting job for the people who perform well all over their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of cash when cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It’s smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.