Hiring Organization / Company: Heluna Health
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Under general supervision, the User Experience Analyst uses a high degree of technical expertise to test and troubleshoot the CalCONNECT platform, which is used for case investigation and contact tracing in California. The User Experience Analyst creates and manages a Help Desk system to assist CalCONNECT and CalREDIE end users in local health departments (LHDs). The incumbent performs user acceptance testing for changes. The User Experience Analyst works closely with LHDs to assess, manage, and communicate needed changes. As a CalCONNECT subject matter expert, the incumbent serves as resource to the LHDs to explain and troubleshoot system functionality. The incumbent independently performs a range of tasks and makes recommendations associated with public health informatics, including system analysis, communication, implementation, evaluation, and data management; as well as maintenance, training, and other functions related to the CalCONNECT platform.
Must submit a cover letter and resume with the application. Please provide three professional references.
This position may be required to work flexible hours and weekends/holidays.
- Create and manage a Help Desk system for LHD end users encountering CalCONNECT and CalREDIE interoperability issues. Respond to and track requests. Maintain accessible records on types of requests, resolution status and other relevant information
- Assist with coordinating needs of CalCONNECT, CalREDIE and other data systems in CDPH; liaise with other programs and partners to promote electronic data exchange
- Serve as a CalREDIE point of contact to ensure data is generated, exchanged, managed and available between systems and is accessible to epidemiologists, case investigators and contact tracers, for public health activities and in order to generate actionable insights to inform public health decision-making
- Act as a subject matter expert for analytics related to CalREDIE/CalCONNECT interoperability.
- Administer and troubleshoot all the instances of electronic data exchange
- Collaborate with agencies and external groups providing public health surveillance, case investigation and contact tracing support and data & analytics support to the California COVID-19 response
- Perform analysis for testing and validating data to ensure interoperability and data exchange between systems to ensure accurate information is given to local health department and state staff to appropriately guide public health response activities
- Perform statistical analysis and basic data management on California’s COVID-19 data to complete reports and data extracts
- Assist with any other duties as assigned in support of the CalCONNECT platform or Contact Tracing activities
- MPH or Masters Degree or equivalent similar degree or experience and at least two years of public health experience, required
- Experience in public health/applied epidemiology, required
- Experience in working with electronic disease surveillance systems, required
- Experience using either CalCONNECT or CalREDIE system, required; experience in both systems, strongly preferred
- Experience in the use of statistical software for data analysis (R, Python, SAS, etc), preferred
- Experience providing assistance to end users of a surveillance or electronic health record system, required
- Experience setting up and managing a Help Desk system, strongly preferred
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge of public health, disease surveillance, healthcare informatics/surveillance systems and epidemiologic practices and/or degree in related field
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret disease data from a wide variety of data sources and systems
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and evaluate information to analyze, summarize, and prepare reports
- Strong oral and written communication skills to convey complex information effectively
- Knowledge of applicable laws, statues, and policies regarding health information, including security, privacy, and management of confidential data
- Knowledge of principles and practices and skills to perform and apply epidemiology, statistical and business analyses
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize projects, time, and workload assignments for a variety of informatics/surveillance projects
- Ability to provide technical assistance to achieve statewide program goals and objectives, health information exchange, data linking and system integration
- Ability to engage with diverse audiences and multiple stakeholders and assess information needs; collaborate across agencies and programs to meet shared goals
- Knowledge of case investigation, contact tracing, public health reporting, public health information system standards, and public health data, preferred
- Stand: Frequently
- Walk: Frequently
- Sit: Frequently
- Handling / Fingering: Occasionally
- Reach Outward: Occasionally
- Reach Above Shoulder: Occasionally
- Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend: Occasionally
- Lift / Carry: Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
- Push/Pull: Occasionally - Up to 50 lbs
- See: Constantly
- Taste/ Smell: Not Applicable
Not Applicable = Not required for essential functions
Occasionally = (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Frequently = (2 - 5 hrs/day)
Constantly = (5+ hrs/day)
Remote workplace. Must have functional Wi-Fi/internet access. Will not be reimbursed for internet access/Mi-Fi.
It is the policy of Heluna Health to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Licenses & Certifications
Job Location Information:
Location: Richmond, Ca
Date Posted: 2021-04-08
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about in search of Jobs, you’ll agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs at the present time. Usually, you are going to have no clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The good factor is that you are not by yourself. There are several other folks out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center can also be easy if you understand where to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are pointers that can assist you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an implausible and repeatedly overpassed hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms frequently provide crucial training, assets, and techniques for job seekers. These corporations can also be particularly helpful for young job seekers or the ones with little working revel in. A easy Web test for job firms to your areaought to uncover the place and the right way to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms select to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The top function for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise supply companies the way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can often be a quicker and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise change into into a long lasting job for the individuals who perform smartly all over their working.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of cash while money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.