Hiring Organization / Company: Alameda Health System
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Job Summary: The Vice President of Quality’s scope of responsibilities includes quality & outcomes, quality analytics, value-based care, patient experience, and clinical simulation. The VP will be responsible for developing strategic plans that focus on quality, safety, experience, and value in collaboration with the Chief Medical Officer. The Vice President of Quality reports directly to AHS’s Chief Medical Officer and will work collaboratively with other Quality Department leaders to achieve network-wide quality, safety, experience, and value-based care goals. In addition, the Vice President of Quality will be responsible for implementing and maintaining quality, safety, patient experience, and value-based care infrastructure for AHS. The VP of Quality will have organizational responsibility to update and monitor quality, safety, experience, and value-based metrics for the system, including but not limited to publicly reported quality, safety, experience data, as well as best practice related goals in these areas for the organization. The VP of Quality will advise the clinical and operational leadership on important quality, safety, experience and value initiatives as well as best practices related to these areas; will co-chair or appoint a designee to co-chair quality/experience/value-based care committees; and prepare True North Metric report to the board of trustees.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: NOTE: The following are the duties performed by employees in this classification; however, employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification.
- Advocates for the needs and interests of AHS and its patients on external quality and performance measurement forums and committees.
- Assists the medical staff and administrative leaders, in updating internal quality standards.
- Guides organizational and medical staff leadership and the Board of Trustees in standards and methodologies to assure the delivery of quality, safe patient-centered, high valued patient care.
- Monitors organizational outcomes against external benchmarks, evidence- based knowledge and industry best practice.
- Monitors the effectiveness of information systems and data management processes supporting the measurement and assessment of major clinical quality & safety improvement activities and the Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement programs.
- Must establish credibility and trust with AHS clinical leadership, administrative leadership, medical staff, and the Board. Becomes recognized across the organization as a visionary leader and strong advocate and sponsor for safety and quality improvement across the care continuum. Supports safety, quality improvement, experience and value as the top- priorities of AHS.
- Foster an environment that supports a Just Culture, in which staff members feel safe to report errors and participate in the analysis and mitigation of harm, especially as Quality executive partnering with medical staff on peer review process.
- Oversees reporting and improvement for publicly reported quality programs, such as Hospital & Physician Compare, MACRA, Leapfrog and CMS Value Based Purchasing program.
- Oversees peer review, organizational true north metrics, patient experience strategy and integration of clinical simulation.
- Oversees the development and ongoing performance measurement, assessment and improvement of patient care processes and supports the Medical Staff and Board of Trustees in identifying process and outcome indicators that effectively measure the quality of patient care and service and reflect organizational performance.
- Oversees the development, data collection and reporting of uniform and integrated measurement systems that support the quality assurance and performance improvement programs; provides ongoing education to leaders and staff related to methods and tools of quality improvement and process redesign.
- Partners with the system transformation leadership on process redesign, performance improvement projects and clinical standardization; provides leadership, coaching and support to departments to drive performance improvement in their areas.
- Promote the principles of high reliability to drive sustainable performance improvement in quality, patient experience and value; supports the integration of clinical simulation to achieve high reliability care delivery.
- Provides ongoing education to leaders and staff related to licensing and accreditation requirements, and methods and tools of quality improvement and process redesign.
Education: A doctoral degree in clinical care (eg. MD, DO, DNP) in public health (DrPH) or in healthcare related fields.
Minimum Experience: Three to five years’ experience in a senior management role in a hospital or major healthcare environment with experiences in performance and quality improvement, value-based care, analytics, accreditation and/or risk management and patient safety.
- Oakland CA, CA
- Quality and Compliance Admin
- Full Time - Day
- Req #: 29056-19574
- FTE: 1
- Posted: Today
Job Location Information:
Location: Oakland, Ca 94602
Date Posted: 2021-04-07
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding approximately on the lookout for Jobs, you’re going to agree that it is among the hardest jobs at the present time. Generally, you’re going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are several other folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center will also be simple if the place to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, listed here are tips that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are a fantastic and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly provide critical coaching, assets, and systems for activity seekers. These corporations may also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little operating revel in. A easy Web test for job firms in your areaought to discover where and learn how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The top objective for that may be to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply firms the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can frequently be a faster and not more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise change into into an enduring process for the individuals who perform neatly during their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of cash when cash is now tight within the first place. After all, the money you pay for job searching web sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the cash to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.