Hiring Organization / Company: Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Visitor Service Representative, Alcatraz
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is the nonprofit partner of the National Park Service overseeing the Golden Gate National Recreation Area — 84,000 acres of national parkland spanning the San Francisco Bay Area, including Muir Woods, Ocean Beach, Crissy Field, and Alcatraz Island. The Parks Conservancy is a membership organization created to preserve the Golden Gate National Parks, enhance the experiences of park visitors, and build a community dedicated to conserving the parks for the future.
With our local and federal partners, the Parks Conservancy is committed to the work of supporting Bay Area national parks as places where we can further racial and social justice for our community and climate resilience for these protected lands.
Located on historic Alcatraz Island, the Alcatraz Cellhouse Tour is an award-winning recorded tour that guides over a million visitors a year through the Alcatraz Cellhouse. The Visitor Service Representatives are responsible for distributing the audio tour and assuring a high-quality experience for the visiting public. In addition to assisting visitors with our downloadable app. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who are available to work 32 hours per week, including weekends, evenings and holidays. This is a benefitted position through November 7, 2021.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greeting and orienting visitors to the Alcatraz Cellhouse.
- Distributing tour equipment and assist visitors with downloadable app.
- Providing information about Alcatraz programs and history and/or referral service to visitors.
- Provides customer service to visitors.
- Check audio equipment and batteries.
- Collecting audio equipment and sanitize properly.
- Coordinates duties with staff from other departments and agencies, as assigned.
Reports To: Associate Director, CHT
Health and Safety:
It is the policy of the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy to create and maintain a safe and healthful workplace free from recognized hazards that may cause harm to employees, consistent with and in compliance with applicable state and federal laws. Employees will play an active role in creating a safe and healthy workplace and will comply with all applicable health and safety rules. The Conservancy is committed to the goal of implementing an effective health and safety program and an injury prevention program.
COVID-19 (specific duties):
- Understand and comply with State and local health regulations and protocols at work.
- Complete mandatory Covid-19 training by designated time. Modules #1 and #2 required for all staff.
- Complete daily self-health checklist prior to reporting to work for scheduled shift. Inform Manager/Supervisor at least 2 hours before start of shift if you’re not feeling well enough to report to work.
- Read, sign, and comply with Conservancy Face Coverings Policy. Must wear face covering at all times on site (except while eating on break).
- Wear disposable gloves when interacting with visitors, doing tasks, or cash handling (optional).
- Maintain social distancing and COVID hygiene protocols at all times.
- Sanitize hands frequently and the POS equipment before and after visitor use.
- Complete cleaning and disinfecting duties assigned by Managers/Supervisors throughout the day.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous experience in customer service.
- Multi-lingual communication skills a plus.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Consistently punctual.
- Completes tasks on time, takes responsibility for own actions and can be relied upon.
- Pitches in and contributes to achieving group goals.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Work is performed in an indoor and outdoor setting on an island that is a National Park Site that is a nature preserve with aging historical buildings.
- Work is primarily performed standing or walking for 6 to 8 hours per day.
- Frequently lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 15 pounds.
- Regularly requires a walk up a hill that is equivalent to a 13-story climb.
Pay Rate: Starts at $17/hour+; final offer will depend on candidate’s experience and qualifications. Benefits include free health plans for employee and family (medical/dental/vision), Employee Assistance Program, Commuter Program, vacation/sick/personal days, employee discounts, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Recruitment, placement and promotions are conducted without regard to an individual's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical handicap, veteran status or sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, State, and local laws & ordinances. We will consider qualified candidates with criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca 94123
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you will agree that it is among the toughest jobs nowadays. In most cases, you are going to don’t have any clue where or what to search for in the job market. The great factor is that you are not alone. There are a few folks available in the market who are jobless like you. Finding a job even in a business center can be simple if the place to start. Before you start your job looking procedure, listed here are guidelines that will help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an improbable and repeatedly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly supply essential training, property, and techniques for process seekers. Those corporations can be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or those with little working revel in. A simple Internet experiment for job firms for your areaought to uncover the place and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many companies choose to have their positions dispatched by temporal agencies. The top goal for that may be to economize on consultant benefits like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give firms the best way of screening applicants. Employment services can recurrently be a sooner and no more daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company might likewise grow to be into a long lasting activity for the individuals who carry out neatly throughout their running.
3. Free job look services
This can be a waste of money whilst money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding web sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.