Hiring Organization / Company: Primeflight Aviation Services Inc
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
As a valued member of the PrimeFlight team, you will provide safe and courteous wheelchair services to various airline passengers with disabilities, while complying with the Air Carrier Access Act, airport policies, airline procedures, FAA regulations, and U.S. Customs procedures you will:
- Gain a mastery of wheelchair procedures, including dispatching, courtesy and non-solicitation rules and protocols for safety and cleanliness
- Manage schedules to ensure adequate coverage of all work areas
- Communicate regularly with the Station Management and customer carrier about staffing, scheduling and procedures
- Monitor staff members to ensure safe working environment and verify that regulations are followed
- Establish procedures to maximize staff efficiency and quality control
- Coach, counsel and correct action of hourly employees
- Safely and comfortably lift disabled passengers with assistance from one mobility device to or from an aircraft seat
- Push wheelchair passengers to and from gates
- Carry passengers’ carry-on luggage
- Assist with checked and claimed luggage
- Roll customer-occupied wheelchair safely down the jet bridge
- Ensure wheel brakes are in place prior to allowing passengers to exit the wheelchair
- Complete any necessary wheelchair or incident reports
- Assist passenger with any problems, questions, or concerns
- Maintain professional working relationships with fellow employees, managers, airline employees, and airport authorities
- Have computer, tablet or smart phone ability
- Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance at job location
- Exceed PrimeFlight customer service and safety standards
- Carry out other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving, Customer Service, Interpersonal, and Oral Communication
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this Job Description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 18 years of age
- Reliable transportation
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to supervise workers, maintain sign-in sheets, and apply disciplinary procedures
- Able to follow PrimeFlight safety guidelines for transporting the physically challenged
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively in English.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer, tablet or smart phone ability.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed.
Supervise shifts and staff members as directed by the Station Management.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may become high at various times. Employee must be willing to wear/utilize company-supplied personal protective equipment (hearing protection) to mitigate their noise exposure.
Some work is in an outside environment, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Continuously stand and walk for 6-8 hours
- Be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds and push a wheelchair with an adult in it.
- Be able to bend, stretch, twist, squat, and reach out with the body, arms, and/or legs
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Be able to hear and respond to the spoken voice and to audible alarms generated by terminal environment
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
Job Location Information:
City: San Francisco
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Date Posted: 2021-07-21
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs this present day. Generally, you’re going to haven’t any clue the place or what to look for within the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are several other people out there who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center may also be simple if you realize where to start. Before you start your job searching procedure, here are tips to help you find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job companies are an incredible and frequently lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often supply critical training, assets, and techniques for job seekers. These corporations can be in particular useful for younger job seekers or the ones with little working experience. A easy Web test for job firms for your areamust uncover the place and how you can get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched via temporal agencies. The end purpose for that is to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise provide firms the best way of screening applicants. Employment products and services can commonly be a faster and less daunting job than discovering direct employment. An employment company would possibly likewise grow to be into a long-lasting activity for the individuals who perform smartly all over their operating.
3. Free job look products and services
It is a waste of cash when cash is now tight in the first place. Of course, the cash you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you’re on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.